Rules & Regulations Jan 19, 2019 20:08:05 GMT -6
Post by theatricals on Jan 19, 2019 20:08:05 GMT -6
1. PROFANITY AND SWEARING
We are a literate, intermediate roleplay site that encourages users to practice their writing skills and build up characters. Here on APC, we require members to be of at least 13 years of age when joining. The use of profanity is banned on the main site, but able to be used on chats or discord, so long as the words are not directed at another user in a mean-spirited way.
2. INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT
Since we do require users to be at least 13 years of age, we do allow some more mature content/topics on the site. HOWEVER, this does not include or endorse graphic images or descriptions that relate to a grotesque or sexual nature. If a user is found to be using inappropriate images or descriptions, in or out of roleplay, they will receive a warning.
3. RESPECT EVERYBODY
As human beings and members of this site, it is important that each of us respect one another. Any use of foul or hurtful language or behavior towards another member will be punished, and a staff member will intervene with the situation once they are aware of it. Harsh judgment based on race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. is not to be debated on the site (this does not exclude celebrations of holidays based on religion, mentions of LGBTQ relationships, and so on). It is also important to respect all rules, which includes the official ones as well as group rules specified by the leaders.
4. STAFF / HIGH POSITIONS
Those holding high positions (leader, deputy, medicine cat, medicine cat apprentice) or that are a part of the staff are expected to be active at least two days out of every week. This means responding to threads, either involving their an important plot, or just general threads. Those who do not keep up with these responsibilities will be demoted.
1. BALANCING CHARACTERS.
While there isn't a limit to how many characters you can RP, we ask that you please try to make sure you are able to keep up with your characters, as well as keep things balanced. Creating 10 characters for one Clan and 2 for another is discouraged, as well as making only female or only male characters. Try to get some diversity in your roster!
2. ACCEPTABLE NAMES
Characters should have names fitting of the series, meaning that names chosen should be terms that cat would be aware of and/or familiar with (so no Giraffekit or Paranormalkit). It is also important to know the location in which APC is set (Yellowstone National Park in the USA). In this case, cats would not know what a Shark or Penguin is. A list of acceptable names can be found here, and a list of used names (which cannot be used) can be found here.
3. REALISTIC APPEARANCES
When you create a character, they must be normal. Obviously no green cats with purple eyes, but we also ask that you be consciously aware of at least the basics of genetics. Brown cats are a rarity, calico/tortoiseshell toms are an anomaly, and a cat won't be created with blue eyes unless their fur is partially or a majority white. We are a bit lenient in some cases, but because you must submit a picture with your application, it is suggested that you find the picture beforehand. Altering the picture's colors is not allowed unless it is an edit fitting of the real world (i.e. changing a brown tabby's eyes from amber to green).
4. CLAN RULES
When joining a Clan with a new character, your character MUST be born and raised in said Clan with two Clan-born parents. Your character cannot be half-Clan, or be abandoned by outsiders at the border. Outsiders are normally scorned by Clan cats, so it would seem way too out of place to have so many mixed bloods hanging around. This can usually come about more naturally in actual roleplay, but be sure to check with the staff first, as it is quite possible that your character will face severe consequences for disloyal actions.
5. DISABILITIES AND DISORDERSIn order to have a character with a disability or disorder, you must have been an active participant in the forums for at least one month. Disabilities (blindness, deafness) and disorders (PTSD, depression, etc.) can come about in roleplay, but because these can be sensitive topics, we ask that you be aware of the limitations and complications that it causes for that character. A cat born blind faces challenges that a fully-sighted character will not have to.
6. GENDER AND SEXUALITY
You are free to create a homosexual/asexual/etc. character, but your character is required to be either male or female. In the series, a cat's biological sex does not seem to play any significant role in the duties they perform, nor does it affect them in any way mentally. While these characters do have many human tendencies, they still have cat instincts and everything that comes with it. Unlike sexuality, where a character can be attracted to the same gender, being transgender/agender is a much more complicated process that unfortunately cannot be replicated so easily within the Warriors world.
1. FONT TYPEFor all threads involving characters and roleplay, you must keep the font type as the default type. Changing the color or font size can irritate some users eyes and make it all the more difficult to actually roleplay. You are allowed to use a different font type or layout on personal threads.
2. POWERPLAY AND GOD-MODE.Please no powerplay or god-mode. You cannot say what happens to another character, describe their thoughts, nor can you control their actions or words (e.g. "He sunk his teeth into her neck and she fell down, dead." or "[Name] walked confidently into the clearing, drawing the attention of every cat around him"). This goes for your character's history, so no "Everyone felt sorry for them." You also cannot give your character god-like abilities; they are not invincible--a new apprentice cannot go up against a leader and win, sneak around often and not be noticed, or already have knowledge that they would never be able to have. Please be reasonable with their abilities.
3. ABILITIES AND RESTRICTIONSCharacters cannot have any "magical" abilities, whether it be completely original ones or abilities seen within the series (Jayfeather's dream-walking, Dovewing's super hearing, etc.) Your character cannot be reincarnated from/into another cat. Your cat cannot have dreams of StarClan or the Dark Forest, nor can they communicate with them, willing or unwilling (exceptions may be made if it is a part of an approved plot). Leaders and medicine cats are the only cats allowed to communicate with StarClan, and even then, it is preferred that this be reserved for trips to the Frozenpool or plot-related events.
4. KITTYPETS AND GROUPSKittypets do not exist on this site, as there is no twolegplace within Yellowstone National Park. Therefore, the cats who exist on the site do not know what kittypets are, nor are they aware of twolegs, dogs, or anything related to them. As for the groups themselves, the Clans and outsiders live fairly close to one another, but the mountain groups are far enough away that they do not interact. The Clans and Mountain groups do not know of the other's existence, and therefore interaction (or any former interaction, like being born in the mountains and coming to the Clans) is not allowed.